Fire department responds for smoke inside Casey's - No major damage was caused

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

New Haven, Mo – New Have Berger Fire Department responded for a report of smoke inside Casey’s General Store at 1:07 p.m. this afternoon.

The reporting party had said they suddenly began smelling smoke inside the building.

Firefighters spent approximately 45 minutes one the scene, attempting to locate the source with the use of their thermo-imaging camera.

Assistant Chief Brad Maune said, “We were able to determine that one of their furnace blowers (hot air handler) had overheated.  The smell created from it becoming overheated then was spread through their ductwork.  We disconnected power to the blower, fixing the problem.”

There were never any flames or actual fire witnessed.  Casey’s General Store was reopened by 2 p.m.

 


1:40 p.m. – New Have Berger Fire Department responded for a report of smoke inside Casey’s General Store at 1:07 p.m. this afternoon.

 

Fire Crews are currently on the scene investigating the situation.

This is the only information we have at this time and will keep you up to date as more information comes in.